Feb 29, 2012

Make them eat FLAN!


I was a bit surprised that most of my co-workers did not know what "flan" was. I tried to not judge but seriously, I was sad!. So I deceided to make some and knock their socks off!. Well, It worked!. I was very happy to see that they almost licked the bowl clean.  It made my day. 

I found this great site for all sort of recipes. I really like their version of this Flan!.... Worth a try!

Family Recipe:
Flan de Queso - Cream Cheese Flan

How to make the Caramel.
what you need: 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbs of water.

In a in a pot cook your ingredients over med-hig heat. Make sure to keep stirring! Cook the sugar until a gold color and your sugar has become syrup. BE CAREFUL IT's VERY HOT...

carefully pour your caramel until the dish or pans of your choice. These are going to be holding your flan mix that will cook in the oven.


6-8 eggs room temp
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sugar
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened to room temp


Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare "baño de María" In a mixer, mix cream cheese, made sure it's smooth. Next add eggs to the mix. (do not over beat)Add a dash of Vanilla extract and the rest of the ingredients (can of condense milk, eva milk and sugar). Mix well. Make sure the caramelized mold, is cool otherwise you will cook your eggs :) Cover with foil. Bake for 350 for 1.5 hours or until and knife comes clean.


Enjoy. I dare you not to eat it all in one sitting! :)





Secret Recipe Club

No comments:

Post a Comment